sábado, 19 de enero de 2019

Book review: The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross







It's been a year since I saw this book was going to be published and I liked the cover immediately. I'm not going to lie about that. Fortunately, I had the chance to have a review copy for myself since the Argetinian publisher, Puck Latinoamérica, was kind enough to give me one.
It took me almost a month to make it through to the end, but not because it was bad, but because I was in the middle of a terrible reading slump.
I didn't know exactly what the book was about at first, but I went in anyway, knowing I might enjoy it either way. Most people had recommended it to me, so why not give it a go now?
Since the beginning, the pacing is fast and I remember flipping page after page, because it was THAT interesting. There's something in the main character, Brienna, that just hooks you. Her thoughts and the questions she asks herself are truly an adventure to go through.
I really like where the story heads from start to finish. We don't have a typical girl who was chosen to do a certain thing, she's not the one who's going to become something bigger for the people.
She's going to help them.
I mostly liked this book because of how many times I heard the author talking about it. It's so inspiring to see how she wrote the story and how it burned inside her, so much she wrote in a little more than a month.
I totally understand that feeling. The feeling of knowing the story you're creating is good and it's going to be something big.
Overall, I think the book was very good. I feel like the ending was a little rushed, but that doesn't disappoint me in the least. I'm actually curious to know what's going to happen in The Queen's Resistance and I can't wait to see more of Brienna and crew.

I totally recommend you this book if you love fantasy, history and romance. Along with the fact that this is the perfect book to curl up in bed with on a stormy day with a cup of tea.

That's all for this one. I hope you give it a go!






Thank you for reading!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario